The way you live in a home and the way you sell a home are two different things.
Here are some essential tips for preparing your home for potential buyers:
- Declutter – counter tops, walls and rooms. Too many "things" make it difficult for the buyer to see their possessions in your rooms or on your walls, however don't strip everything completely or it will appear stark and inhospitable.
- Clean rooms, furnishings, floors, walls, cold air returns and ceiling/ceiling fans so everything looks its best. Pay special attention to bathrooms and kitchens, these are major areas of note for potential buyers, they will need to be spotless. A great trick of the trade is to use the vaccum brush and clean dust off the furnace and hot water heater, often people overlook them when cleaning, however, it can make a huge difference to a potential buyer.
- Organize closets so they look tidy.
- Make sure the basic appliances and fixtures work and get rid of leaky faucets and frayed cords.
- Make sure the house smells good: from an apple pie, cookies baking or spaghetti sauce simmering on the stove.
- Hide the kitty litter.
- Put vases of fresh flowers througout the house.
- Pleasant background music is a nice touch.
Something else that you, as a seller, should consider – curb appeal…
People driving by a property will judge it from outside appearances and make a decision then as to whether or not they want to see the inside.
- Sweep the sidewalk
- Mow the lawm
- Prune the bushes
- Weed the garden
- Clean debris from the yard
- Clean the windows (both inside & out)
- Make sure the paint is not chipped or flaking
- Make sure that the doorbell works
Clean exterior lights and replace bulbs
Contact us at (217) 398-3100 or email by clicking our logo